Your hearing is very delicate and over time you may experience hearing loss. If you do not take steps to protect your ears, your hearing may be permanently damaged. This is why protecting your hearing early is so important.
Hearing loss can occur when exposed to 85 decibels of noise averaged over 8 hours. However, the louder the noise, the faster the hearing loss occurs. Meaning you may suffer hearing loss suddenly & rapidly if you don’t take the necessary precautions. Check out our latest products for ear protection:
- Ear Protection
- Alpine Music Safe Earplugs
- £16.67 exc VAT
- Alpine music safe ear plugs have been designed for musicians, singers or concert goers to continue to enjoy their passion for music and protect their hearing at the same time without affecting what they are listening to. Brand : Alpine This product Includes : 2 x Alpine Music Safe Ear Plugs 2 x Interchangeable Filters Medium and High 1 x…
- Add to basket
- Ear Protection, For Kids
- Alpine Pluggies Kids
- £16.67 exc VAT
- Alpine Pluggies Kids earplugs are recommended for children between the age of 3 and 12, as they often have a smaller ear canal than adults. You can use Alpine Pluggies Kids in a wide range of situations and applications including, festivals, cinemas, swimming, showering, water sports, during takeoff and landing during a flight and sleeping.
- Add to basket
- Ear Protection
- Custom Made Classic In Ear Micro Monitors For Musicians
- £250.00 – £488.33 exc VAT
- These custom moulded earpieces provide exceptional sound quality with top quality fit and comfort. The monitors help to eliminate feedback, lower onstage noise levels and reduce vocal fatigue. The micro monitors are available in 3 models, with 19 different colour options and all models come with detachable cables with a 3.5mm jack plug available in 5 different colours. Please see…
- Select options
What is Hearing Loss:
Hearing loss can have a dramatic and permanent effect on your everyday life. It can occur for many reasons, however loud sound is one of the most common ones. It is also the most easily prevented. Usually it is the direct result from the destruction of tiny little hairs inside your ear. Which, once damaged, cannot be easily replaced.
What are the different types of hearing loss?
There are several degrees of hearing impairment that you may suffer from –
- – Unable to hear soft sounds
- – Difficulty understanding speech in noisy environments
- – Mild Hearing Loss is experienced by those who cannot hear sounds in the 20-39 dB range
- – Unable to hear soft and moderately loud sounds
- – Considerable difficulty in understanding speech, especially in noisy environments
- – Moderate Hearing Loss is experienced by those who cannot hear sounds in the 40-69 dB range
- – Some loud sounds are audible
- – Communication without a hearing aid is extremely difficult.
- – Severe Hearing Loss is experienced by those who cannot hear sounds in the 70-90 dB range
- – Next to no sounds are audible
- – Everyday conversation without the assistance of advanced hearing devices is impossible
- – Profound Hearing Loss is experienced by those who cannot hear sounds at 90 dB and above
Types of ear protection available:
Depending on the amount of noise you are exposed to on a daily basis, you may need a very specific type of ear protection. Hearing Aid Accessories offers a wide selection of industry-tested ear protection products. These are designed to give you the best protection available, without the expensive price tag of other major retailers:
Ear Muffs/Ear Protectors
Ear Muffs (otherwise known as ear protectors), are one of the most common ear protection options available. Often found in the workplace and usually the top choice for businesses.
How do Ear Protectors work?
The basic idea with ear protectors is to isolate your ears from dangerous levels of sound. They do this by preventing harmful sound waves travelling directly into your eardrum through the air. Instead, the sound waves will be forced to go through the padded material in the ear muffs, his makes the sound waves lose energy as they travel resulting in a reduced sound.
Advanced Types of Ear Protection:
These are small, soft, silicone ear pieces that are custom fit for your ears. They are comfortable and can be used to protect your hearing, whilst still enjoying the activities you love. Silicone is unlikely to cause irritation, which is beneficial to the user. They are also loved by runners because they let through more background noise, this allows the user to be more alert. On top of this they are easily cleaned and maintained.
They are usually made of silicone to prevent any irritation inside and outside the ear and are perfect for environments where you still need to communicate freely. Additionally, these are suited to the wearer and therefore do not cause any sort of discomfort and pain.
These retain audio quality and clarity, making them ideal for social situations. They’re quite popular among concert-goers, as they’re designed to let the songs pass through without the volume.
Unlike other industries, the music industry needs hearing protection that allows them to clearly listen to their music.
Musician Monitors are the solution. These are custom moulded earpieces that combine unequal sound quality with the comfort and fit needed for long performances. The monitors are designed to help eliminate feedback and lower onstage noise levels.
Why should I bother with Ear Protection?
The problem is simple. Once destroyed, the microscopic hair cells of the inner ear do not grow back. These crucial tiny hairs cannot be artificially recreated by any medical process.
The consequence is permanent hearing loss and a highly frustrating ringing in the ears (tinnitus).