Ear Protection & CENS
Hearing Aid Accessories offer a range of ear protection and CENS products, ideal to help when you need advanced hearing protection during sleep, sports, music and shooting activities. By protecting your hearing, you can prevent permanent hearing damage and hearing loss.
Hearing loss can occur when you are exposed to 85 decibels of noise averaged over 8 hours. The louder the noise, the faster the hearing loss can occur. This means that you may suffer hearing loss suddenly and rapidly if you do not take the necessary precautions.
- £8.33 (ex VAT)
- Mack's Ear Band Swimming Headbands are great for both swimming and bathing. Helping to keep water out and ear plugs in. A reversible and adjustable neoprene headband which offer 2 colours, either blue or purple. Fits most kids and medium sizes adult heads. Includes: x1 Mack's Swim Band Headband, revisable to include both colours.
- Add to basket
- £13.79 £11.49 (ex VAT)
- Alpine Pluggies Kids earplugs are recommended for children between the age of 3 and 12, as they often have a smaller ear canal than adults. You can use Alpine Pluggies Kids in a wide range of situations and applications including, festivals, cinemas, swimming, showering, water sports, during takeoff and landing during a flight and sleeping.
- Add to basket
- £12.00 £10.00 (ex VAT)
- Earol Olive Oil Spray softens your ear wax for natural removal. Helping to prevent dryness of the skin in the ear canal reducing itching and irritation. Reducing the need for ear syringing, also assisting syringing when needed. Brand : Earol Includes: 2 x 10ml bottles of Earol Olive Oil Spray & Users Manual
- Add to basket
- £17.12 (ex VAT)
- Alpine music safe ear plugs have been designed for musicians, singers or concert goers to continue to enjoy their passion for music and protect their hearing at the same time without affecting what they are listening to. Brand : Alpine This product Includes : 2 x Alpine Music Safe Ear Plugs 2 x Interchangeable Filters Medium and High 1 x…
- Add to basket
What is hearing loss?
Hearing loss can have a dramatic and permanent effect on your everyday life. It can occur for many reasons, however loud sound is one of the most common ones. It is also the most easily prevented. Usually it is the direct result from the destruction of tiny little hairs inside your ear. Which, once damaged, cannot be easily replaced.
What are the different types of hearing loss?
There are several degrees of hearing impairment that you may suffer from –
- – Unable to hear soft sounds
- – Difficulty understanding speech in noisy environments
- – Mild Hearing Loss is experienced by those who cannot hear sounds in the 20-39 dB range
- – Unable to hear soft and moderately loud sounds
- – Considerable difficulty in understanding speech, especially in noisy environments
- – Moderate Hearing Loss is experienced by those who cannot hear sounds in the 40-69 dB range
- – Some loud sounds are audible
- – Communication without a hearing aid is extremely difficult.
- – Severe Hearing Loss is experienced by those who cannot hear sounds in the 70-90 dB range
- – Next to no sounds are audible
- – Everyday conversation without the assistance of advanced hearing devices is impossible
- – Profound Hearing Loss is experienced by those who cannot hear sounds at 90 dB and above
Types of ear protection available:
Depending on the amount of noise you are exposed to on a daily basis, you may need a very specific type of ear protection. Hearing Aid Accessories offers a wide selection of industry-tested ear protection products. These are designed to give you the best protection available, without the expensive price tag of other major retailers:
Ear Muffs/Ear Protectors
Ear Muffs (otherwise known as ear protectors), are one of the most common ear protection options available. Often found in the workplace and usually the top choice for businesses.
How do Ear Protectors work?
The basic idea with ear protectors is to isolate your ears from dangerous levels of sound. They do this by preventing harmful sound waves travelling directly into your eardrum through the air. Instead, the sound waves will be forced to go through the padded material in the ear muffs, his makes the sound waves lose energy as they travel resulting in a reduced sound.
Advanced Types of Ear Protection:
These are small, soft, silicone ear pieces that are custom fit for your ears. They are comfortable and can be used to protect your hearing, whilst still enjoying the activities you love. Silicone is unlikely to cause irritation, which is beneficial to the user. They are also loved by runners because they let through more background noise, this allows the user to be more alert. On top of this they are easily cleaned and maintained.
They are usually made of silicone to prevent any irritation inside and outside the ear and are perfect for environments where you still need to communicate freely. Additionally, these are suited to the wearer and therefore do not cause any sort of discomfort and pain.
These retain audio quality and clarity, making them ideal for social situations. They’re quite popular among concert-goers, as they’re designed to let the songs pass through without the volume.
Unlike other industries, the music industry needs hearing protection that allows them to clearly listen to their music.
Musician Monitors are the solution. These are custom moulded earpieces that combine unequal sound quality with the comfort and fit needed for long performances. The monitors are designed to help eliminate feedback and lower onstage noise levels.
CENS advanced ear protection for shootingCENS ear plugs combine comfort, style, performance and the highest safety standards to offer shooters custom digital ear plugs with outstanding hearing protection. There are ear plugs for shooting and then there are CENS ear plugs – simply the best on the market!
CENS produce custom digital hearing protection which caters for every shooter’s need. From basic to advanced, all models can be upgraded at any time if those needs should change. Digital hearing protection is very different to traditional ear plugs, as they allow you to hear normal conversation while attenuating (blocking) the loud sound of a gunshot.
Whilst CENS custom ear plugs are compact and lightweight and at the same time always ensure safety standards, so wearers never have to compromise their shoot. All CENS hearing protection products are rigorously CE tested to EN352-2&7 levels and come with a 2 year warranty for your piece of mind.
CENS digital hearing protection is designed for shooters of any level. Anyone can access CENS technology as at basic level it is affordable, yet as a modular system, they are also upgradable, so you can spread the cost of this technology over time if required.
The patented state-of-the-art ProFlex DX have been optimised and programmed by experienced shooters and technicians, for the piece of mind and confidence of shooters at any level of the game.
- For all CENS products sold by Hearing Aid Accessories, aural impressions are required as they are all custom hearing protection solutions – providing ultimate comfort with perfect fit.These will be taken by an Audiologist at one of the centres run by Hear4U, our sister company (Please Note: Hear4U Centres are based in Leicestershire and Northamptonshire, if you require an audiologist elsewhere in the UK we can put you through to The Earwax Removal Specialists who have a comprehensive map of audiologists across the whole of the UK) .
- Once you have placed your order, we will contact you to arrange the impression appointment.
- During this appointment, the Audiologist will perform an otoscopy (an examination of your ear canal and ear drum) to identify any potential contraindications to impression taking. Once happy to proceed, they will place a sponge with a removal string into your ear canal and position it carefully at the correct depth. Then they will syringe putty into your ear which will be removed once set, taking a perfect casting of your ear.
- The whole process will take no longer than 30 minutes and your ears will be blocked with putty for no longer than 5 minutes. Once impressions have been taken, they will be sent for the manufacturer and we will get in contact to book a product delivery appointment for inspection to ensure a perfect fit.
Why should I bother with Ear Protection or CENS?
The problem is simple. Once destroyed, the microscopic hair cells of the inner ear do not grow back. These crucial tiny hairs cannot be artificially recreated by any medical process.
The consequence is permanent hearing loss and a highly frustrating ringing in the ears (tinnitus).