Ear Protection & CENS
Hearing Aid Accessories offer a range of ear protection and CENS products, ideal to help when you need advanced hearing protection during sleep, sports, music and shooting activities. By protecting your hearing, you can prevent permanent hearing damage and hearing loss.
Hearing loss can occur when you are exposed to 85 decibels of noise averaged over 8 hours. The louder the noise, the faster the hearing loss can occur. This means that you may suffer hearing loss suddenly and rapidly if you do not take the necessary precautions.
- Out of Stock
- SleepSoft Earplugs are a comfortable, relaxing way for you to enjoy a peaceful nights sleep! These specially-made Alpine SleepSoft earplugs have an average damping (SNR) of 25 dB, meaning that you can drift off to blissful sleep all the easier. Brand: Alpine Includes: 2x universal thermoplastic hearing protectors, 2x acoustic soft filter, Alpine Cleaner, plastic carrying case, Alpine insertion sleeve
- Read more
- Mack's Ear Band Swimming Headband is ideal for swimming and bathing by keeping water out and ear plugs in. The headband is made from an adjustable neoprene fabric and is reversible to offer two colours (blue or purple). It will fit most children and medium-sized adult heads. Brand: Mack’s This product includes: x1 Mack's Ear band Swimming Headband
- Add to basket
- Alpine Pluggies Kids are suitable for a wide variety of environments, including festivals, cinemas, swimming, water sports and flights. Recommended for children between the ages of 3 and 12, these specialized earplugs are deal for improving concentration and are particularly effective for kids who experience trouble focusing. Brand: Alpine Includes: 2x universal thermoplastic hearing protectors, 2x acoustic soft filters, 1x…
- Add to basket
- Equipped with special acoustic filters, the SwimSafe earplugs ensure that all ambient sounds remain as audible as possible while providing top-range protection for your ears while swimming. Brand: Alpine Included: 2x universal thermoplastic hearing protectors, 2x acoustic filters, 1x Miniboxx storage unit, 1x plastic carrying case, 1x Alpine insertion sleeve
- Add to basket
- Alpine MusicSafe Earplugs are specially designed for musicians, singers, or concert goers. They allow you to enjoy your passion for music while protecting your hearing at the same time, all without affecting the quality of sound! Brand: Alpine Includes: 2x earplugs, 2x interchangeable filters, 1x luxury travel box
- Add to basket
- Alpine SleepDeep earplugs are specially designed, oval-shaped accessories that are made to give you the best night's sleep possible. Complete with a noise-reducing gel and ideal for side sleepers, the SleepDeep has noise reduction like nothing else on the market. What's more, they come with a small and convenient carry case, making them perfect for travelling abroad or staying at…
- Add to basket
- The Alpine PartyPlug Earplugs provide comfortable ear protection so that you can safely enjoy your favourite pastimes without worrying about excess noise damage. The ideal companion for a night out clubbing, gigging, or spending time at a concert or festival. Brand: Alpine Includes: 2x universal thermoplastic hearing protectors, 2x acoustic soft filters, 1x Alpine Cleaner, 1x plastic carrying case, 1x…
- Add to basket
What is hearing loss?
Hearing loss can have a dramatic and permanent effect on your everyday life. It can occur for many reasons, however loud sound is one of the most common ones. It is also the most easily prevented. Usually it is the direct result from the destruction of tiny little hairs inside your ear. Which, once damaged, cannot be easily replaced.
What are the different types of hearing loss?
There are several degrees of hearing impairment that you may suffer from –
- – Unable to hear soft sounds
- – Difficulty understanding speech in noisy environments
- – Mild Hearing Loss is experienced by those who cannot hear sounds in the 20-39 dB range
- – Unable to hear soft and moderately loud sounds
- – Considerable difficulty in understanding speech, especially in noisy environments
- – Moderate Hearing Loss is experienced by those who cannot hear sounds in the 40-69 dB range
- – Some loud sounds are audible
- – Communication without a hearing aid is extremely difficult.
- – Severe Hearing Loss is experienced by those who cannot hear sounds in the 70-90 dB range
- – Next to no sounds are audible
- – Everyday conversation without the assistance of advanced hearing devices is impossible
- – Profound Hearing Loss is experienced by those who cannot hear sounds at 90 dB and above
Types of ear protection available:
Depending on the amount of noise you are exposed to on a daily basis, you may need a very specific type of ear protection. Hearing Aid Accessories offers a wide selection of industry-tested ear protection products. These are designed to give you the best protection available, without the expensive price tag of other major retailers:
Ear Muffs/Ear Protectors
Ear Muffs (otherwise known as ear protectors), are one of the most common ear protection options available. Often found in the workplace and usually the top choice for businesses.
How do Ear Protectors work?
The basic idea with ear protectors is to isolate your ears from dangerous levels of sound. They do this by preventing harmful sound waves travelling directly into your eardrum through the air. Instead, the sound waves will be forced to go through the padded material in the ear muffs, his makes the sound waves lose energy as they travel resulting in a reduced sound.
Advanced Types of Ear Protection:
These are small, soft, silicone ear pieces that are custom fit for your ears. They are comfortable and can be used to protect your hearing, whilst still enjoying the activities you love. Silicone is unlikely to cause irritation, which is beneficial to the user. They are also loved by runners because they let through more background noise, this allows the user to be more alert. On top of this they are easily cleaned and maintained.
They are usually made of silicone to prevent any irritation inside and outside the ear and are perfect for environments where you still need to communicate freely. Additionally, these are suited to the wearer and therefore do not cause any sort of discomfort and pain.
These retain audio quality and clarity, making them ideal for social situations. They’re quite popular among concert-goers, as they’re designed to let the songs pass through without the volume.
Unlike other industries, the music industry needs hearing protection that allows them to clearly listen to their music.
Musician Monitors are the solution. These are custom moulded earpieces that combine unequal sound quality with the comfort and fit needed for long performances. The monitors are designed to help eliminate feedback and lower onstage noise levels.
CENS advanced ear protection for shootingCENS ear plugs combine comfort, style, performance and the highest safety standards to offer shooters custom digital ear plugs with outstanding hearing protection. There are ear plugs for shooting and then there are CENS ear plugs – simply the best on the market!
CENS produce custom digital hearing protection which caters for every shooter’s need. From basic to advanced, all models can be upgraded at any time if those needs should change. Digital hearing protection is very different to traditional ear plugs, as they allow you to hear normal conversation while attenuating (blocking) the loud sound of a gunshot.
Whilst CENS custom ear plugs are compact and lightweight and at the same time always ensure safety standards, so wearers never have to compromise their shoot. All CENS hearing protection products are rigorously CE tested to EN352-2&7 levels and come with a 2 year warranty for your piece of mind.
CENS digital hearing protection is designed for shooters of any level. Anyone can access CENS technology as at basic level it is affordable, yet as a modular system, they are also upgradable, so you can spread the cost of this technology over time if required.
The patented state-of-the-art ProFlex DX have been optimised and programmed by experienced shooters and technicians, for the piece of mind and confidence of shooters at any level of the game.
- For all CENS products sold by Hearing Aid Accessories, aural impressions are required as they are all custom hearing protection solutions – providing ultimate comfort with perfect fit.These will be taken by an Audiologist at one of the centres run by Hear4U, our sister company (Please Note: Hear4U Centres are based in Leicestershire and Northamptonshire, if you require an audiologist elsewhere in the UK we can put you through to The Earwax Removal Specialists who have a comprehensive map of audiologists across the whole of the UK) .
- Once you have placed your order, we will contact you to arrange the impression appointment.
- During this appointment, the Audiologist will perform an otoscopy (an examination of your ear canal and ear drum) to identify any potential contraindications to impression taking. Once happy to proceed, they will place a sponge with a removal string into your ear canal and position it carefully at the correct depth. Then they will syringe putty into your ear which will be removed once set, taking a perfect casting of your ear.
- The whole process will take no longer than 30 minutes and your ears will be blocked with putty for no longer than 5 minutes. Once impressions have been taken, they will be sent for the manufacturer and we will get in contact to book a product delivery appointment for inspection to ensure a perfect fit.
Why should I bother with Ear Protection or CENS?
The problem is simple. Once destroyed, the microscopic hair cells of the inner ear do not grow back. These crucial tiny hairs cannot be artificially recreated by any medical process.
The consequence is permanent hearing loss and a highly frustrating ringing in the ears (tinnitus).